Dabbing experts know that knowing how to clean your quartz banger is just as important as knowing how to dab.
But how do you keep a new quartz banger for your dab rig looking brand new?
You're in luck...
We've cleaned hundreds of quartz bangers over the years, so we know what works!
Let's get right to it.
- How to clean your quartz banger if it's REALLY dirty
- How to clean your quartz banger regularly
- How often you should clean your quartz banger
- How long does a quartz banger typically last?
- What other banger materials are there?
- Why go with a quartz banger?
- Buy a quality quartz banger
How to clean your quartz banger if it's REALLY dirty
You've been meaning to clean your banger, but you're too high too often to ever remember!
Now, your quartz banger has built up a nasty, thick layer of black or brown resin.
Hope is not lost, though.
With the steps below, you can clean out all that gunk.
- Grab a Ziploc bag, 99% isopropyl alcohol and salt.
- Add some iso-alcohol and salt to the Ziploc bag. This solution is great at breaking down resin.
- Soak your quartz banger in the solution. We recommend leaving your banger in the bag to soak overnight.
- Take your banger out of the bag and rinse it with hot water.
- Use your dabber to gently scrape off any leftover resin. The alcohol solution will have loosed up the resin to make it easier to remove.
- Grab your torch and heat the banger to around 600-800 degrees Fahrenheit. This should loosen any remaining excess or turn it to ash for easy removal.
- Allow your banger to cool down before going to the next step
- Once it cools, take a cotton swab and soak it in iso-alcohol. Take the cotton swab and wipe the bowl of your banger clean.
- Use a dry cotton swab to clean any leftover iso-alcohol.
- Repeat steps above as needed until no residue remains.
If your quartz banger isn't so dirty that it's black, you can use steps 4-7 for a less intense cleaning.
How to clean your quartz banger regularly
Keeping your quartz banger looking brand new requires some work, but it's not impossible.
Remember that after every dab, your concentrates will stain your quartz banger if left uncleaned.
Taking one or two dabs without cleaning it isn't the end of the world, but any more than that and your banger might not ever look the way it did when you bought it again.
Below are steps that seasoned dabbers take to regularly maintain their quartz bangers to keep them looking clean and shiny.
- Grab a Q-tip and 99% isopropyl alcohol before dabbing.
- Take a low-temperature dab. Low-temperature dabs are the best way to keep your banger clean and free from black resin buildup.
- After your dab, let your banger cool for one minute.
- Grab a Q-tip soaked in isopropyl alcohol and gently remove any residue in the banger.
- Use a dry Q-tip to clean up any leftover alcohol in the banger.
- Repeat the steps above after each dab to keep it looking fresh and clean.
How often you should clean your quartz banger
If you want to keep your banger looking new, you should clean it with a Q-tip after every dab.
This isn't realistic for everyone, so you should at least clean it after every session.
A deep clean is needed every 3-6 months to prevent irreversible residue buildup.
How long does a quartz banger typically last?
The life of your quartz banger depends on a few different factors.
The brand and overall quality of your quartz banger will largely determine how long it lasts.
Like the saying goes, "You get what you pay for."
Invest in a quality quartz banger from a reputable brand and you'll get more use out of it.
The brand and quality are only part of the equation when it comes to how long your banger lasts.
How you use it plays an important role too. Heating your banger to high temperatures for too long will shorten its lifespan.
Overheating is also the most common cause of black resin buildup in a quartz banger.
Finally, as we've mentioned in this post, how you clean your banger matters too.
The less you clean it, the shorter it will last. This goes for regular cleanings and deep cleans.
If your quartz banger comes from a reputable, quality brand and you're taking low-temp dabs with regular cleaning, you can expect it to last a few years.
Many dabbers end up destroying their banger in less than a year due to lack of cleaning or constant overheating.
At the end of the day...
If you take care of your banger, it will last longer.
What other banger materials are there?
Besides quartz, there are 3 other banger materials popular among avid dabbers.
As an inter substance, ceramic prevents unwanted contaminants from getting in your vapor as you heat it.
On the other hand,
Ceramic is much more fragile than quartz, so you'll need to handle a ceramic banger with caution.
It takes longer than usual for ceramic bangers to reach preferred dabbing temperatures, but they do hold heat better than any other banger materials.
Perhaps one of the most durable materials, titanium bangers heat up quickly and retain heat very well.
The downside to this material is that they can begin to build up titanium oxide after repeated use.
This will harm the performance of the banger and even lead to harmful contaminants entering your vapor.
Do your research before buying a titanium banger so you can be sure it's medical grade.
Not only is glass the most affordable banger material, but it also heats quickly and is easy to clean.
Of course with glass, there's a higher chance of breaking or shattering from high temperatures.
Why go with a quartz banger?
Quartz bangers are the preferred option for many dabbers with good reason. Check out just a few reasons quartz bangers are so popular among dab enthusiasts below.
- Easy cleaning - Your banger will get dirty no matter what material it is, but quartz is the easiest to clean by far.
- Very durable - Quartz is a sturdy, reliable material that is not easily broken or shattered due to high temperatures or accidental drops.
- Cleaner vapor - Quartz offers cleaner dabs due to its inert substance and chemical make-up.
Buy a quality quartz banger
Quartz bangers come in a wide variety of styles, prices, and brands.
Cheap ones can cost as little as $10 while higher-quality bangers typically cost around $50.
Like almost every other dab accessory, you get what you pay for with quartz bangers.
If you want a quartz banger that will last a long time and give you clean vapor with every dab, shop our dab nail collection today!
No matter how much you spend on it, you still have to clean your quartz banger if you want to avoid breakage or nasty resin buildup.
Use the steps we've outlined in this post to keep your quartz banger looking brand new!
Share this post
- Tags: how to dab